- The type of information collected from end-users, including sensitive personal data or information;
- The purpose, means and modes of usage of such information;
- How and to whom we will disclose such information; and
- The steps we take to protect your privacy.
You can use our Services without revealing who you are or providing any personal information about yourself, unless otherwise required for specific services.
Our Services may contain links to other websites. Your browsing and interaction on any third party website or service, including those whose links can be accessed through our Services, are subject to such third party’s own terms and conditions and policies.
Using our Services
If you browse through our Website without entering any personal data, we will gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally and cannot be linked back to you unless you decide to identify yourself. If you are only browsing our Website, we collect the following information: IP address, the type of browser and operating system used to access our Website, the date and time you accessed our Website and if you were linked to our Website from another website, the address of that website as well as additional information related to your visit will be collected.
Information customer provides: We collect the e-mail addresses of customers who communicate with us via e-mail. We also collect information provided to us by customers. Collected information includes the following: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, company name and country including IP addresses for the meeting participants, the user specified URL used to host the meeting, and information about the phone numbers that connect to the meeting (if audio connection is made via a telephone call).
Metadata:Duration of the meeting and/or call, email addresses, names, or other information that a participant enters to identify themselves in the meeting, join and leave time of participants, name of the meeting, date, time that the meeting was scheduled, chat status (unless a setting is actively chosen by user), call data records, dashboards and reports and response to requests for support.
No financial Information collected: We do not collect credit card information or other sensitive financial information of Lauk customers for orders placed online. We use third party payment platforms to provide a very secure payment process for you.
Information collected for Support Services:If you request remote support services, such as technical support or software installation or upgrades, we may collect certain information required to fulfil your request. All of the above shall collectively be referred to as “Information”.
Storage of Information and how we process it
To provide the Services, we process network and usage Information. In some cases, meeting related content, which may contain personal information, is temporarily stored to enable user functionality in a Lauk/Lauk Classroom/Lauk Studio video meeting. If you use the chat function, chat content is stored during the meeting which is encrypted.
How is the Information used
Lauk is not in the business of selling personal information to third parties. We uses this Information to deliver the Services, to identify and troubleshoot problems with the Services, and to improve the Services. In addition, we may use this Information to investigate fraud or abuse.
- Accessing Services: When you access the Services, some data will be disclosed to other participants and to meeting or webinar hosts. For instance, when you attend a meeting, your name might appear in the attendee list. If you turn on your video camera, your image will be shown. If you send a chat or share content, that can be viewed by others in the chat or the meeting.
- Customers Request: We follow the directions of our Customers regarding the personal data, and may store it, delete it, or disclose it at their direction.
- When Legally Bound: We may also disclose data when we respond to valid legal process including jurisdiction. Lauk policies regarding compliance with valid legal process preclude cooperation where a government does not have jurisdiction. Lauk may also disclose data when reasonably necessary to preserve Lauk’ legal rights.
- Content visible to Customers: Customer content, including information shared during meetings, information about participants in meetings belongs to our customers. Customers may use this content, which may include personal data about participants, for their own purposes.
- To Third Party Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to help us provide portions of the Services and give support. They only receive data needed to provide their services to us. We have agreements with our service providers that say they cannot use any of this data for their own purposes or for the purposes of another third party. We prohibit our service providers from selling data they receive from us or receive on our behalf. We require service providers to use data only in order to perform the services we have hired them to do (unless otherwise required by law).
How is the Information protected
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use and other unlawful forms of processing. You should keep your user credentials and password confidential and secure so that your information is protected. We work hard to protect your data, but the Internet is not 100% secure. We encourage you to use caution online. This includes not sharing or reusing your passwords and not using the Services with unknown persons.
Access to Third Party
We at Lauk do not sell or share your data to any third party i.e Marketing companies, agencies, advertisers or any similar companies in exchange of fees/payments. We also do not share or allow any third party to use your data stored with us for any other purpose except consented by you or if required under any legal obligations.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described above i.e. for as long as you have a Lauk/Lauk Classroom/ Lauk Studio account and/or have subscribed to our Services.
We may also retain your personal data for a longer period for the purpose of our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations. This retention will be in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable laws. We may also retain your personal data, if necessary, for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users. If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we will retain data about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time, which will be calculated based on the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or Services.
If you have a complaint about our use or processing of your personal data, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a national Data Protection Authority.
If we become aware that a person submitting Sensitive Personal Information we will delete the users account and/or any related information as soon as possible. We may use your personal information to send you e-mail communications regarding products or services offered by us or by third parties with whom we have relationships, subsequent to your express consent to receive such communications. You may at any time choose not to receive promotional e-mails from us by contacting us. Not with standing the foregoing, we may continue to contact you for the purpose of communicating information relating to our Services, as well as to facilitate, complete, or confirm any transaction that you may enter into, or responding to your inquiry or request.
Reasonable security measures are in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We verify accounts and activity and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally. If we do detect something risky that would compromise on your privacy and security, we shall notify you and help guide you through steps to stay better protected.
We shall take complete measures to safeguard you and our Services from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- Use of encryption to keep your data private while in transit
- Mandatory Verification processes at regular intervals to help you protect your account
- Timely review of our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
Law And Protection
Only Indian courts shall have jurisdiction in connection to Lauk/Lauk Classroom/Lauk Studio and the usage of the Services. We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have enough cause to believe that it is reasonably necessary to: Respond pursuant to applicable Indian laws or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; Enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; Detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activities, security, or technical issues; or Protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, its affiliates, or others.
Modifications to this Policy
Complaints and Grievances
For any complaints or grievances arising out of any loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control you may contact at email@example.com We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint :- Identification of the information provided by you; Clear statement as to whether the information is personal information or sensitive personal information; Your address, telephone number or e-mail address.
We appreciate your decision to connect with us, Lauk is for you that’s why we use to say “India Ka Apna, Apno Ke liye”. Wish you all the best.